In this episode of the Cloudbase Mayhem we turn the tables a bit and put Gavin on the other end of the interview. Ed Ewing, the editor of Cross Country magazine takes over as show-host and asks Gavin the questions many people have wanted to know about how it all went down on the traverse. We talk about the Red Bull X-Alps, a very close brush with death on a river in Mexico, how Gavin’s obsession with paragliding started and find out what led to his 6-year pursuit of a dream- to traverse the full length of the Alaska Range by paraglider and foot. We find out what went right, what went wrong, what gear was used, what happened after Dave had to leave, and hear some pretty wild stories of what went down. I think this episode will make you laugh and it will certainly make you shake your head, and hopefully- inspire you to go big!
A buck an episode, that’s all we ask.
- Gavin and Ed discuss how ski racing, kayaking, climbing and adventure were the catalyst to finding and falling in love with paragliding and human flight
- The Magic of paragliding
- X-Alps- the good and the bad of the “hardest adventure race on Earth”
- How we can maintain a margin of safety
- Alaska- Gavin recounts a few select stories of how it all went down
- Mentioned in this episode: Nick Greece, Will Gadd, Jeff Shapiro, Bruce Marks, Ben Abruzzo, Mike and Stu Belbas, Jody MacDonald, Matt Beechinor, ReelWaterProductions, Dave Turner, Pablo Durana, Delorme, Alex Honnold, Bryan Smith, Salewa, Tom Dorlodot, Aaron Durogati, Mitch Riley, Pete Pupator, John Sylvester