Christina Kolb is the current female world acro champion and one of the few women in the world who has perfected the Infinite tumble. In Annecy this year she won the female class and was 18th overall- an incredible achievement. In this episode we visit and revisit the cause of many accidents and how preventable they are, how to learn acro, the importance of SIV and ground handling, why altitude is more important in many cases than water, best and worst advice, how to reduce stress on launch, and a lot of advice for beginners and how to avoid the “lemming affect.” We revisit some common themes of the Cloudbase Mayhem in this episode but getting it from a female perspective sheds new and important light on the mantras that always need to be revisited. Enjoy!
A buck an episode, that’s all we ask.
- Christina talks about some of the accidents she was witness to recently in Chile and how they could have been avoided
- How and where and WHY to learn acro
- Safety and more safety
- SIV- why do it?
- The worst advice Christina has ever received and why
- The importance of ground handling
- How to reduce stress on launch
- Advice for beginners- the lemming affect and how to avoid it
- Mentioned in this episode: Cody Mittanck, Jocky Sanderson, Mads Syndergaard, Tom Payne, Chrigel Maurer, VIMMFF