Hang On. That’s what Chris Gursky had to do for the longest 2 minutes and 14 seconds of his life on his first ever Hang Gliding flight. In what has been dubbed the “Swiss Mishap”, this American got a little more adventure than he was looking for in Interlaken when his pilot forgot to clip him in. This is his truly amazing story. You’re in for a doozy. Enjoy!
- Laurent recounts his history of flying since 2001 and the genesis of the Vercofly
- How the VercoFly works
- How to get into hike and fly
- Tips for being safe in hike and fly races
- Minimum ability level to have to participate in the VercoFly
- Laurent recommends some of the MANY hike and fly races in the Alps
- What to know before you go fly in the Alps for your first time
- 3 things newer pilots tend to screw up
- Want to be safe? Fly a lot!
- Listen to your inner self
- Advice for staying safe
- Laurent recounts his one accident
Mentioned in this episode:
Nick Greece, Wolfgang Seiss, Chris Gursky